Louise offers expert legal bespoke services to lawyers. She assists lawyers solve their clients problems by providing practical, commercial, sound legal advice and effective strategies to enable lawyers to best service their clients needs and desires, for the most successful outcomes. She is approachable, reliable and communicative.
For lawyers who offer only litigation to their clients, Louise assists with her specialised legal and human expertise as a barrister and/or mediator.
For lawyers who prefer to offer their clients a more bespoke service, Louise provides expert barrister | mediator | collaborative professional – coach | family law arbitrator services for optimal results.
Louise has been Junior Counsel for a number of Senior Counsel in the following areas:
- victims of institutional abuse
- medical negligence
- workers compensation/personal injury
Louise was born in Newcastle, NSW with her twin sister, Lynne. Her father was a fitter and turner and her mother worked in sandwich shop.
At 12 years of age, her parents moved to Parkes (Central West, NSW). She now looks upon the experience with fondness, as valuable life lessons were learned. For example, ‘don’t get too full of yourself, be authentic, keep your sense of humour regardless.” She completed her High School Certificate at Parkes High.
At 20 years of age, she relocated to New Mexico, USA with a one way ticket. She lived in NM for 12 months, where she enjoyed NM culture, food, lifestyle, scenery and American generally!
Louise has diverse employment experience including; Office Manager at Woolworths (payroll, accounts, staff supervision etc), Westpac Bank (4 years) and 15 years as a Practice Manager for a variety of Medical Specialists – Ophthalmology, Urology, Neurosurgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Neurology, and 8 years working in Gynaecology/Obstetrics.
Study of Law
Louise studied law at Sydney University through the Legal Practitioners Board (LPAB).
She came first in:
- Family Law
- Trade Practices (Consumer Law)
She came fourth in:
- Wills and Estates
Louise came fifth in:
- Employment Law
She was employed at the Federal Circuit Court as a Judges Associate before becoming a solicitor.
She came to the Bar, after passing all three Bar exams simultaneously.
Louise lectured for three years at the University of Sydney in Civil and Criminal Practice and Procedure.
- Diploma of Law – Legal Profession Admission Board (University of Sydney)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – Australian National University ACT (ANU)
- Nationally Accredited Mediator (NMAS) – LEADR
- Independent Childrens Lawyer Training – (Law Council of Australia)
- Family Law Arbitrator – (AIFLAM)
- Collaborative Practice Training
- Bar Association of NSW
- Family Law Section – Law Council of Australia
- Australian Institute of Family Lawyer Arbitrators and Mediators (AIFLAM)
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
- Collaborative Professionals Inc.
- Central Sydney Collaborative Professionals
- General Criminal Panel – Legal Aid
- NMAS – LEADR (Accredited Mediator)
- WIRO (Workers Compensation)
- CBD Chamber of Commerce
Keep updated with Louise’s vlog on technical, human and practice issues affecting lawyers and the law – thinking outside the box. If you would like to receive a copy directly sign up at http://www.sydneybarrister.net.au
If you would like a free 15 minute consultation to discuss your 2-3 main concerns about a matter or general legal advice please email her at email@example.com to set up a suitable time.