Louise values her legal knowledge and technical skills which assist lawyers to resolve their clients disputes . She also highly values emotional intelligence and assertive communication as her chosen methods of interacting with lawyers and their clients, where all parties can be heard, their needs acknowledged, negotiated and met. Louise understands the human side of conflict, including high conflict personalities and can assist lawyers implement strategies to manage patterns of high conflict behaviour so as to minimise professional risks and decrease stress.
- victims of institutional abuse
- medical negligence
- workers compensation/personal injury
Louise was born in Newcastle, NSW with her twin sister, Lynne. Her father was a fitter and turner and her mother worked in sandwich shop. Louise came from humble beginnings and understands people from all backgrounds.
At 12 years of age, her parents moved to Parkes (Central West, NSW). She now looks upon the experience with fondness, as valuable life lessons were learned. For example, ‘don’t get too full of yourself, be authentic, keep your sense of humour regardless.” She completed her High School Certificate at Parkes High.
At 20 years of age, she relocated to New Mexico (NM), USA with a one way ticket. She lived in New Mexico for 12 months, where she grew to love New Mexico culture, food, lifestyle, scenery and America generally – she values diversity and inclusion!
Louise has varying employment experience including; Office Manager at Woolworths Parkes & Sydney (payroll, accounts, staff supervision etc), Westpac Bank (4 years) and 15 years as a Practice Manager for a variety of Medical Specialists: Ophthalmologist, Urologist, Neurosurgeons, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Neurologist, and 8 years working with a Gynaecologist/Obstetrician.
She has one eye on the law and the other eye on the ‘human side’ of law, including how to identify and manage high conflict personalities, managing the drivers underlying conflict. Louise focuses on resolution of any dispute by implementing and evaluating both the technical and soft skills, necessary for dealign with humans in conflict.
Read Louise’s most recent interview when she was interviewed by Libby Hakim for “Women In Law – in Profile”
Study of Law
Louise studied law at Sydney University through the Legal Practitioners Board (LPAB).
She came first in:
- Family Law
- Trade Practices (Consumer Law)
She came fourth in:
- Wills and Estates
Louise came fifth in:
- Employment Law
She was employed at the Federal Circuit Court as a Judges Associate before becoming a solicitor.
She came to the Bar, after passing all three Bar exams simultaneously in 2012.
Louise lectured for three years at the University of Sydney in Civil and Criminal Practice and Procedure, whilst working as a Barrister.
- Diploma of Law – Legal Profession Admission Board (University of Sydney)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – Australian National University ACT (ANU)
- Nationally Accredited Mediator (NMAS) – LEADR
- Independent Childrens Lawyer Training – (Law Council of Australia)
- Family Law Arbitrator – (AIFLAM)
- Collaborative Practice Training
- Diploma of Viral Marketing (Shaw Academy)
- Supreme Court Mediator List
- Law Society Family Law Settlement Service (Family Law Mediator)
- Bar Association of NSW
- Family Law Section – Law Council of Australia
- Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators (AIFLAM)
- NMAS – LEADR – Resolution Institute (Accredited Mediator)
- Medico-Legal Society of NSW Inc.
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
- Collaborative Professionals Inc.
- Central Sydney Collaborative Professionals
- General Criminal Panel – Legal Aid
- CBD Chamber of Commerce
If you would like Louise to assist you and your clients as a Barrister or Mediator, please contact her via email or (02) 9336 5399 to discuss.
Keep updated with Louise’s vlog focusing on legal & human issues to help lawyers achieve greater happiness and success in life and law. Why not sign up at http://www.sydneybarrister.net.au to receive the vlogs directly into your inbox