I am a Barrister with the expected technical competencies. I add value when resolving clients disputes by using leadership and emotional intelligence skills such as empathic listening, courage to engage in hard and difficult respectful conversations, build and promote teamwork, manage difficult, high conflict behaviours and create a positive and safe space for everyone, so they can think and are at their best to resolve disputes. Every voice is heard and considered and problems solved collaboratively.
Why Trust Louise:
- Straightforward /upfront
- Courage to have hard/difficult conversations
- Attentive listener
- Differences, conflicts, annoyances in a team resolved quickly
- Creates a safe space for honest feedback
Standards for Self and Others:
- Doesn’t drive a standard of perfection – aims for excellence
- Growth mindset – innovate, learn, improve, takes calculated risks
- Kindness, integrity, reliable, effective communicator (No MIA), mutual respect, teamwork
- Practice with leadership to revolutionise culture, teams and relationships in law and ADR, including an expectation of feedback.
- Takes responsibility for finding the potential in people and processes and courage to develop potential
- Client focused
- Exceptional client management technique
- Attentive listener: determines clients real needs and interests
- Curious problem solver, practical
Why not read my interview with Libby Hakim “Women In Law – in Profile”
Study of Law
I studied law at Sydney University through the Legal Practitioners Board (LPAB).
I achieved first place in:
- Family Law
- Trade Practices (Consumer Law)
I achieved fourth place in:
- Wills and Estates
I achieved fifth place in:
- Employment Law
I was employed as a Judges Associate at the Federal Circuit Court prior to becoming a solicitor in 2010.
I came to the Bar in 2012, after passing all three Bar exams simultaneously.
I was an Adjunct Lecturer at the University of Sydney for three years in Civil and Criminal Practice and Procedure, whilst practicing as a Barrister.
- Diploma of Law – Legal Profession Admission Board (University of Sydney)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – Australian National University ACT (ANU)
- Nationally Accredited Mediator – (Bar Association, Resolution Institute & AIFLAM)
- Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner – FDRP
- Certified Social and Emotional Intelligence Coach (SEIQ – ISEI USA)
- Independent Childrens Lawyer Training – (Law Council of Australia)
- Family Law Arbitrator – (AIFLAM)
- Advanced Collaborative Practice
- Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSI)
- Supreme & District Court Mediator Panels
- NSW Bar Association Mediator Panel
- Law Society Family Law Settlement Service (Family Law Mediator)
- Immediation (Online)
Member of Mediator Committees
- Bar Association of NSW – Mediation and Family Law Sub-Committees
- Immediation – Online
- Bar Association of NSW
- International Bar Association
- ADRA (Australian Dispute Resolution Association )
- Family Law Section – Law Council of Australia
- Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators (AIFLAM)
- Resolution Institute
- Medico-Legal Society of NSW Inc.
- Collaborative Professionals (NSW) Inc.
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals (ICAP)
- Central Sydney, North Sydney and South Sydney Collaborative Forum
- Australian Association of Collaborative Professionals (AACP)
- General and Indictable (Barrister) Criminal Panel – Legal Aid
Contact me via email or (02) 9336 5399 if you would like to discuss how I may assist you and your clients