Louise offers expert legal bespoke services to lawyers and clients. She assists lawyers solve their clients problems by providing practical, commercially and technically sound legal advice and effective strategies to enable lawyers to best service their clients needs, for the most successful outcomes. She is approachable, someone you can count on.
For litigation lawyers, Louise assists with her specialised technical and practical conflict resolution experience as a barrister, mediator and collaborative coach.
For lawyers who offer clients a multifaceted approach, Louise provides expert barrister | mediator | collaborative professional – coach | family law arbitrator services to offer their clients reach resolution, emotionally and legally with optimal results.
Louise has been Junior Counsel for a number of Senior Counsel in the following areas:
- victims of institutional abuse
- medical negligence
- workers compensation/personal injury
Louise was born in Newcastle, NSW with her twin sister, Lynne. Her father was a fitter and turner and her mother worked in sandwich shop.
At 12 years of age, her parents moved to Parkes (Central West, NSW). She now looks upon the experience with fondness, as valuable life lessons were learned. For example, ‘don’t get too full of yourself, be authentic, keep your sense of humour regardless.” She completed her High School Certificate at Parkes High.
At 20 years of age, she relocated to New Mexico (NM), USA with a one way ticket. She lived in NM for 12 months, where she enjoyed NM culture, food, lifestyle, scenery and America generally!
Louise has diverse employment experience including; Office Manager at Woolworths (payroll, accounts, staff supervision etc), Westpac Bank (4 years) and 15 years as a Practice Manager for a variety of Medical Specialists – Ophthalmology, Urology, Neurosurgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Neurology, and 8 years working in Gynaecology/Obstetrics.
Study of Law
Louise studied law at Sydney University through the Legal Practitioners Board (LPAB).
She came first in:
- Family Law
- Trade Practices (Consumer Law)
She came fourth in:
- Wills and Estates
Louise came fifth in:
- Employment Law
She was employed at the Federal Circuit Court as a Judges Associate before becoming a solicitor.
She came to the Bar, after passing all three Bar exams simultaneously.
Louise lectured for three years at the University of Sydney in Civil and Criminal Practice and Procedure, whilst working as a Barrister.
- Diploma of Law – Legal Profession Admission Board (University of Sydney)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – Australian National University ACT (ANU)
- Nationally Accredited Mediator (NMAS) – LEADR
- Independent Childrens Lawyer Training – (Law Council of Australia)
- Family Law Arbitrator – (AIFLAM)
- Collaborative Practice Training
- Diploma of Viral Marketing (Shaw Academy)
- Supreme Court Mediator List
- Bar Association of NSW
- Family Law Section – Law Council of Australia
- Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators (AIFLAM)
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
- Women Lawyers Association of NSW
- Collaborative Professionals Inc.
- Central Sydney Collaborative Professionals
- General Criminal Panel – Legal Aid
- NMAS – LEADR – Resolution Institute (Accredited Mediator)
- CBD Chamber of Commerce
Keep updated with Louise’s vlog focusing on legal & human issues to help lawyers achieve greater happiness in life and law and increase technical knowledge. You can sign up at http://www.sydneybarrister.net.au to receive it directly into your inbox