Louise has presented at Conferences, Seminars & Webinars:
- Law Society of New South Wales
- The College of Law
- Personalised ‘lunch and learn‘ sessions at law firms and
- TVED webinars
Louise has presented at Legalwise Family Law Conferences, as follows:
- “How To Build Confidence and Know How In IVF Matters” (March 2016)
- “Relocation – How Far Can I Go?” (September 2016)
- ‘Parenting Outside the Traditional (IVF, Surrogacy, Transgender) (March 2017)
Some of the comments provided by attendees included:
- Excellent presentation, clear and logical throughout
- Great presentation, very interesting topic, will definitely be following blog
- Very well thought out and informative, excellent paper and presenter
- Very knowledgeable, easy to understand and well presented
- Excellent topic, excellent speaker, excellent paper.Very helpful and informative.
- Very engaging presentation
Louise has presented at the Law Society of New South Wales Seminar on the topic:
‘How to Build Confidence and Know How In IVF Matters“. Some of the attendees comments were as follows:
- “Excellent. Relevant information, interactive and answers questions”
- “Excellent. Very informative and interesting.”
“Surrogacy, Pole Dancing (BFA’s) and Notional Add Backs” was presented at the College of Law, Sydney, Family Law Development Program in 2014.
- ‘Initial Contributions in Long and Short Relationships‘ by TVED in June 2017.
- “Relocation: How Far Can I Go? presented at a Legalwise webinar and LawAustralasia in March 2017.
- “How to Build Know How and Confidence in IVF Matters” which focused solely on IVF, was presented via webinar and ‘lunch and learn’ sessions at various large and small law firms.
- Mediation: Roles and Skills” which detailed the practical roles and skills required of mediators and lawyers attending mediation, to achieve successful mediations was presented at the Law Society of New South Wales as well as ‘lunch and learn‘ sessions at law firms.
- “Reduce Risks…Practice Ethically!” Access your copy of the whitepaper here: http://sydneybarrister.net.au/reduce-risks-practice-ethically
Lunch and Learns @ Law Firms
Louise has attended law firms and provided solicitors with up to date, practical and easy to implement strategies, updates and education on a variety of legal topics, as follows:
- Parenting Outside the Traditional (IVF, Surrogacy, Transgender Issues)
- What Everyone Needs To Know About Mediation: Practical Skills and Approaches
- Relocation – How Far Can I Go?
- Family Law Arbitration: Obligations, Tips and Practicalities for Lawyers
- Initial Contributions for Long and Short Marriages: Whats Important?
Medical Negligence & Personal Injury
- Does A Doctor’s Duty To Warn Extend To Risks Of Blood Transfusions?
- Mastering Medical Evidence, Drafting LOI, and Interpreting Expert Evidence
- Gynaecology and Birth Cases – Practical Tips On What To Look For?
- Psychological and Psychiatric Injury – Practical Tips To Assist You Run Your Cases Successfully
- Clinical Notes: How Can I Get the Most Out Of Them? Briefing Experts & More Practical Tips In Running Med Neg Matters.
A sample of the feedback by solicitors who hosted Louise’s ‘lunch and learns’:
Kimberly Buttriss – Associate @ Marsdens Law Group
Louise gave an excellent presentation to our team. She managed to untangle a complex area of the law surrounding artificial conception and parenting matters whilst presenting it in a simple and interesting format. Louise also provided a paper which had a useful summary of the relevant cases and it will certainly be a reference point for me in the future.
Rolf Howard, Managing Partner Owen Hodge Lawyers:
Louise Mathias is a commercially minded barrister who is acutely aware of the broader needs of the solicitors and clients with whom she works. My firm has enjoyed the opportunity to have Louise provide an in-house seminar and we benefited greatly from her insights, her comprehension of the legal principles and her perspective on the growth in importance of what is presently an unusual area of law. I strongly recommend Louise Mathias.
The following articles were published by The New South Wales Law Society Journal, as follows:
- Who Is A Parent In Family Law Proceedings? (September 2013) You can download your own copy at http://www.sydneybarrister.net.au/who-is-a-parent-article/
- The Truth About Emotional IQ (November 2015)
- How To Manage Up and Down (February 2016)
- The Commercial Law Quarterly (February 2013) published her article titled “How Does Equitable Estoppel Apply In Practice?”
- Honestly Woman: Not Your Typical Barrister by Louise Mathias (Jan – March 2017) (‘My Story’)
- Regular published articles in the Law Society of New South Wales E-Brief and E-Comms
If you would like Louise to assist you by speaking at your conference, seminar, webinar or at a ‘lunch and learn’ in your law firm (CPD points), please contact Louise on (02) 9336 5399 or email me on email@example.com
Louise blogs and/or vlogs on technical, practice and human issues affecting lawyers and the law. Sign up at http://www.sydneybarrister.net.au so that you receive a copy directly into your inbox.