In need of a practical, engaging, motivational speaker on legal, personal and professional development topics at your Conference, Seminar, or lunch & learns to improve people skills in your firms in respect to communication, culture, resilience, stress, leadership or mediation skills, please contact me for my availability and possible costs.
Louise has presented at Conferences, Seminars & Webinars at:
- Law Society of New South Wales
- The College of Law
- Personalised ‘lunch and learn‘ sessions at law firms and
- TVED webinars
Louise has presented at Legalwise Family Law Conferences:
- “Psychiatric and Psychological Injury Claims” (Common Law) June 2010 – panel member
- “Lawyers: How to Improve Your Reputation and Profitability” (March 2019)
- “How To Build Confidence and Know How In IVF Matters” (March 2016)
- “Relocation – How Far Can I Go?” (September 2016)
- ‘Parenting Outside the Traditional (IVF, Surrogacy, Transgender) (March 2017)
A sample of the comments provided by attendees included:
- Great questions, engaging and knowledgeable (panel member – common law)
- Great to move away from the technicality and into humanity
- Excellent presentation, clear and logical throughout
- Great presentation, very interesting topic, will definitely be following blog
- Very well thought out and informative, excellent paper and presenter
- Very knowledgeable, easy to understand and well presented
- Excellent topic, excellent speaker, excellent paper.Very helpful and informative.
- Very engaging presentation
Law Society Conferences
I have presented at the Law Society of New South Wales Conferences on the topics of:
- Lawyers: Do We Need to Change (Wagga Wagga, Tamworth and Newcastle) – March 2019
- ‘How to Build Confidence and Know How In IVF Matters“.
A sampling of comments are as follows:
- “Excellent. Relevant information, interactive and answers questions”
- “Excellent. Very informative and interesting.”
College of Law Conferences
“Surrogacy, Pole Dancing (BFA’s) and Notional Add Backs” was presented at the College of Law, Sydney, Family Law Development Program in 2014.
Chairperson – LegalWise:
November 2017 and March 2018 sampling of comments include:
- We’ll chaired!
- Professional and Funny. Well presented
- The only disappointment with Louise was that she wasn’t presenting today.
- ‘Initial Contributions in Long and Short Relationships‘ by TVED in June 2017.
- “Relocation: How Far Can I Go? presented at a Legalwise webinar and LawAustralasia in March 2017.
- “How to Build Know How and Confidence in IVF Matters” which focused solely on IVF, was presented via webinar and ‘lunch and learn’ sessions at various large and small law firms.
- Mediation: Roles and Skills” which detailed the practical roles and skills required of mediators and lawyers attending mediation, to achieve successful mediations was presented at the Law Society of New South Wales as well as ‘lunch and learn‘ sessions at law firms.
- “Reduce Risks…Practice Ethically!” Access your copy of the whitepaper here: http://sydneybarrister.net.au/reduce-risks-practice-ethically
Lunch & Learns:
Marsdens Law Group and Owen Hodge Lawyers: Surrogacy and IVF (family law)
Sydney Central Collaborative Practice Group: The Role of Coaches in Collaborative Practice
North Sydney and South Sydney Collaborative Practice Groups: How To Positively Manage Process, Clients and Counterparts Effectively
Carroll & O’Dea Sydney: Communicate with Influence
The following articles were published by The New South Wales Law Society Journal, as follows:
- Who Is A Parent In Family Law Proceedings? (September 2013) You can download your own copy at http://www.sydneybarrister.net.au/who-is-a-parent-article/
- The Truth About Emotional IQ (November 2015)
- How To Manage Up and Down (February 2016)
- The Commercial Law Quarterly (February 2013) published her article titled “How Does Equitable Estoppel Apply In Practice?”
- Honestly Woman: Not Your Typical Barrister by Louise Mathias (Jan – March 2017) (http://honestlywoman.com/not-your-typical-barrister/)
- Discovery: You Want What? published in Precedent October 2017 edition
- Regularly published articles in the Law Society of New South Wales E-Brief and E-Comms
- Women in Law, interviewed by Libby Hakim (Crowd & Co) January 2018
If you would like to engage me as a speaker at your conference on topics around the following areas:
- emotional intelligence
- negotiation and mediation skills (useful in litigation and mediation)
These topics improve culture, productivity, relationships and overall success of businesses and their employees.
Please contact me on (02) 9336 5399 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss availability, topic and possible costs.