I am qualified in the legal competencies as a Barrister, however, I believe that legal competencies are a baseline and that more skills are required to be truly effective as a lawyer and dispute resolution expert. In law we interact with people who are highly stressed, high conflict, aggressive, perfectionist driven, have mental health issues, personality disorders and under immense pressures. Technical skills are not enough…
I have completed the Negotiation, Leadership and How to Handle Difficult Conversations at Harvard Law School. This is the basis of my dispute resolution processes, as a Barrister and a non court dispute resolution expert.
Why Trust Louise:
I am an honest, straightforward, authentic person who believes effective communication is the lifeblood to success, professional relationships and dispute resolution.
I don’t drive for perfectionist standards, I aim for excellence. I have a growth mindset, I innovate, engage in continual improvement. My values are based on integrity, authenticity and leadership skills.
I am client centric with a focus on clients needs and management of needs and expectations. I am empathic, curious, practical and an effective problem solver.
Read my interview with Libby Hakim “Women In Law – in Profile”
Study of Law
I studied law at Sydney University through the Legal Practitioners Board (LPAB).
I achieved first place in:
- Family Law
- Trade Practices (Consumer Law)
I achieved fourth place in:
- Wills and Estates
I achieved fifth place in:
- Employment Law
I was employed as a Judges Associate at the Federal Circuit Court prior to becoming a solicitor in 2010.
I came to the Bar in 2012, after passing all three Bar exams simultaneously.
I was an Adjunct Lecturer at the University of Sydney for three years in Civil and Criminal Practice and Procedure, whilst practicing as a Barrister.
- Diploma of Law – Legal Profession Admission Board (University of Sydney)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – Australian National University ACT (ANU)
- Harvard Law School – Negotiation, Leadership and How to Handle Difficult Conversations
- Nationally Accredited Mediator – (Bar Association, Resolution Institute & AIFLAM)
- Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner – FDRP
- Certified Social and Emotional Intelligence Coach (SEIQ – ISEI USA)
- Independent Childrens Lawyer Training – (Law Council of Australia)
- Family Law Arbitrator – (AIFLAM)
- Advanced Collaborative Practice
- Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSI)
- Supreme & District Court Mediator Panels
- Department of Communities and Justice
- Law Society Family Law Settlement Service (Family Law Mediator)
- Immediation (Online)
Member of Mediator Committees
- Bar Association of NSW – Mediation and Family Law Sub-Committees
- Immediation – Online
- Bar Association of NSW
- International Bar Association
- ADRA (Australian Dispute Resolution Association )
- Family Law Section – Law Council of Australia
- Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators (AIFLAM)
- Resolution Institute
- Medico-Legal Society of NSW Inc.
- Collaborative Professionals (NSW) Inc.
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals (ICAP)
- Central Sydney, North Sydney and South Sydney Collaborative Forum
- Australian Association of Collaborative Professionals (AACP)
- General and Indictable (Barrister) Criminal Panel – Legal Aid
Contact me via email or (02) 9336 5399 if you would like to discuss how I can assist you and your clients