As a women who possesses the expected technical skills, I am also on a personal journey to continually improve my own social and emotional intelligence – soft skills (SEIQ). I use these combined unique technical and SEIQ soft skills as a family law non court based dispute resolution specialist and a barrister in medical negligence, public liability and abuse cases. I aim to educate and encourage lawyers to learn and implement SEIQ competencies, for their own personal and professional benefit.
Why Trust Louise:
I possess the technical and soft skills to assist clients resolve disputes, as family law non court based dispute resolution specialist or as a Barrister in medical negligence, public liability and institutional abuse cases.
As a family law non court dispute resolution specialist, I assist lawyers and clients in family law, who are directed to, or choose non court based dispute resolution methods at any stage of conflict. I assist lawyers whose clients:
- can’t afford the high costs of litigation
- choose not to go down the litigation pathway at all
- who attend mediation during litigation.
With the benefit of legal expertise.
My family law non court dispute resolution specialist services include:
- Nationally Accredited Mediator (NMAS) /FDRP
- Advanced Trained – Collaborative Coach
- Family Law Arbitrator
In medical negligence, I have assisted lawyers in a wide variety of medical claims as a Barrister. I have assisted a number of lawyers with female clients who have female medical claims, such as childbirth, gynaecology, breast augmentation and plastic surgery. I believe female clients feel very comfortable communicating with a female barrister about female medical problems, someone who understands. I am available to mediate common law claims.
I worked in Specialist Medical Practices for 15 years prior to entering law, at which time I attended theatre. I understand the medical and legal issues and the intersect that creates. I gained extensive knowledge and experience int he following specialities:
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Neurosurgery / Neurology
why not read my interview with Libby Hakim “Women In Law – in Profile”
Study of Law
I studied law at Sydney University through the Legal Practitioners Board (LPAB).
I achieved first place in:
- Family Law
- Trade Practices (Consumer Law)
I achieved fourth place in:
- Wills and Estates
I achieved fifth place in:
- Employment Law
I was employed as a Judges Associate at the Federal Circuit Court prior to becoming a solicitor in 2010.
I came to the Bar in 2012, after passing all three Bar exams simultaneously.
I was an Adjunct Lecturer at the University of Sydney for three years in Civil and Criminal Practice and Procedure, whilst practicing as a Barrister.
- Diploma of Law – Legal Profession Admission Board (University of Sydney)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – Australian National University ACT (ANU)
- Nationally Accredited Mediator – (LEADR & AIFLAM)
- Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner – FDRP (College of Law)
- Certified Social and Emotional Intelligence Coach (SEIQ – ISEI USA)
- Independent Childrens Lawyer Training – (Law Council of Australia)
- Family Law Arbitrator – (AIFLAM)
- Collaborative Practice & Advanced Collaborative Practice
- Diploma of Viral Marketing (Shaw Academy)
- Supreme & District Court Mediator Panels
- NSW Bar Association Mediator Panel
- Law Society Family Law Settlement Service (Family Law Mediator)
- Immediation (Online)
- Resolution Institute – Family Law Mediation & Professional Development for Mediators
- Bar Association of NSW
- ADRA (Australian Dispute Resolution Association )
- Family Law Section – Law Council of Australia
- Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators (AIFLAM)
- Nationally Accredited Mediation (LEADR & AIFLAM)
- Resolution Institute
- Medico-Legal Society of NSW Inc.
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
- Collaborative Professionals (NSW) Inc.
- Central Sydney Collaborative Forum (CSCF)
- Australian Association of Collaborative Professionals (AACP)
- AFCC – Association of Family and Conciliation Courts Australia
- General and Indictable (Barrister) Criminal Panel – Legal Aid
Contact me via email or (02) 9336 5399.
Keep updated with my vlogs focusing on legal & human issues to help lawyers achieve more in life and law. Why not sign up at http://www.sydneybarrister.net.au to receive the vlogs directly into your inbox