I am a Barrister, Nationally Accredited Mediator (2014 -NMAS), Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP), Advanced Training – Collaborative Coach, Family Law Arbitrator (2016) and Certified Social and Emotional Intelligence Coach (SEIQ).
I’m driven by my desire to continually better myself, personally and professionally, as a student of law, dispute resolution, leadership, social and emotional intelligence (SEIQ), so that I can inspire and develop lawyers, increase their wellbeing and professional success, whilst resolving disputes skilfully.
I bring a fresh approach to resolving disputes, as I combine a unique mix of technical and SEIQ knowledge and skills gained through diverse life experiences, knowledge and training. Why Trust Louise:
I have successfully represented clients in family law, personal injury, wills and estates and employment matters since being admitted to practice and called to the Bar.
In family law, I have pursued my passion to assist families resolve their disputes outside of court, in a more healthy, future focused environment, as a non-court based dispute resolution specialist, offering a wide variety of dispute resolution methods to suit clients needs.
I continue to represent clients as a Barrister, Mediator and Facilitator in medical negligence, public liability and institutional abuse cases.
I am in a rare position, uniquely poised, to guide clients to navigate disputes effectively, in my various dispute resolution roles, from family law to common law.
My authenticity as a dispute resolution specialist focuses on building rapport, understanding client needs, using assertive communication, identifying and effectively managing emotions (SEIQ) as well as ensuring all voices are heard and acknowledged respectfully, throughout the dispute resolution process. I assist clients bridge the gap between what is possible and the realities, with her technicality and SEIQ competency approach
Like to find out more about me? Read my interview with Libby Hakim “Women In Law – in Profile”
Study of Law
I studied law at Sydney University through the Legal Practitioners Board (LPAB).
I achieved first place in:
- Family Law
- Trade Practices (Consumer Law)
I achieved fourth place in:
- Wills and Estates
I achieved fifth place in:
- Employment Law
I was employed as a Judges Associate at the Federal Circuit Court prior to becoming a solicitor in 2010.
I came to the Bar in 2012, after passing all three Bar exams simultaneously.
I was an Adjunct Lecturer at the University of Sydney for three years in Civil and Criminal Practice and Procedure, whilst practicing as a Barrister.
- Diploma of Law – Legal Profession Admission Board (University of Sydney)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – Australian National University ACT (ANU)
- Nationally Accredited Mediator – (LEADR & AIFLAM)
- Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner – FDRP (College of Law)
- Certified Social and Emotional Intelligence Coach (SEIQ – ISEI USA)
- Independent Childrens Lawyer Training – (Law Council of Australia)
- Family Law Arbitrator – (AIFLAM)
- Collaborative Practice & Advanced Collaborative Practice
- Diploma of Viral Marketing (Shaw Academy)
- Supreme & District Court Mediator Panels
- NSW Bar Association Mediator Panel
- Law Society Family Law Settlement Service (Family Law Mediator)
- Immediation (Online)
- Resolution Institute – Family Law Mediation & Professional Development for Mediators
- Bar Association of NSW
- Family Law Section – Law Council of Australia
- Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators (AIFLAM)
- Nationally Accredited Mediation (LEADR & AIFLAM)
- ADRA (Australian Dispute Resolution Association)
- Resolution Institute
- Medico-Legal Society of NSW Inc.
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
- Collaborative Professionals (NSW) Inc.
- Central Sydney Collaborative Forum (CSCF)
- Australian Association of Collaborative Professionals (AACP)
- AFCC – Association of Family and Conciliation Courts Australia
- General and Indictable (Barrister) Criminal Panel – Legal Aid
Contact me via email or (02) 9336 5399.
Keep updated with my vlogs focusing on legal & human issues to help lawyers achieve more in life and law. Why not sign up at http://www.sydneybarrister.net.au to receive the vlogs directly into your inbox