Louise offers expert legal bespoke services to lawyers and clients as a Barrister and Mediator. She assists lawyers solve their clients problems by providing practical, commercially and technically sound legal advice coupled with soft skills, to assist lawyers to resolve the clients legal problems effectively. Louise believes soft skills are as important as the hard technical skills for the most successful outcomes and client satisfaction. She practices as a Barrister and Mediator predominantly in Family Law, Medical Negligence, Victims of Institutional Abuse and Crime.
For litigation lawyers, Louise assists lawyers and their clients, with her specialised technical and practical conflict resolution experience and skills as a barrister, mediator and collaborative coach coupled with her soft skills.
For lawyers who offer clients a multifaceted approach in addition to litigation, Louise provides expert barrister | mediator | collaborative lawyer – coach | family law arbitrator services to lawyers and their assist clients, by offering various pathways to reach resolution, with optimal results.
Louise has been Junior Counsel for a number of Senior Counsel in the following areas:
- victims of institutional abuse
- medical negligence
- workers compensation/personal injury
Louise was born in Newcastle, NSW with her twin sister, Lynne. Her father was a fitter and turner and her mother worked in sandwich shop. Louise came from humble beginnings and understands people from all backgrounds.
At 12 years of age, her parents moved to Parkes (Central West, NSW). She now looks upon the experience with fondness, as valuable life lessons were learned. For example, ‘don’t get too full of yourself, be authentic, keep your sense of humour regardless.” She completed her High School Certificate at Parkes High.
At 20 years of age, she relocated to New Mexico (NM), USA with a one way ticket. She lived in NM for 12 months, where she grew to love NM culture, food, lifestyle, scenery and America generally!
Louise has diverse employment experience including; Office Manager at Woolworths (payroll, accounts, staff supervision etc), Westpac Bank (4 years) and 15 years as a Practice Manager for a variety of Medical Specialists – Ophthalmology, Urology, Neurosurgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Neurology, and 8 years working in Gynaecology/Obstetrics.
She has one eye on the law and the other eye on the ‘human side’ of law, including high conflict personality types, the drivers behind conflict and focuses on resolution with the implementation of both technical and soft skills.
Read Louise’s most recent interview when she was interviewed by Libby Hakim for “Women In Law – in Profile”
Study of Law
Louise studied law at Sydney University through the Legal Practitioners Board (LPAB).
She came first in:
- Family Law
- Trade Practices (Consumer Law)
She came fourth in:
- Wills and Estates
Louise came fifth in:
- Employment Law
She was employed at the Federal Circuit Court as a Judges Associate before becoming a solicitor.
She came to the Bar, after passing all three Bar exams simultaneously.
Louise lectured for three years at the University of Sydney in Civil and Criminal Practice and Procedure, whilst working as a Barrister.
- Diploma of Law – Legal Profession Admission Board (University of Sydney)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – Australian National University ACT (ANU)
- Nationally Accredited Mediator (NMAS) – LEADR
- Independent Childrens Lawyer Training – (Law Council of Australia)
- Family Law Arbitrator – (AIFLAM)
- Collaborative Practice Training
- Diploma of Viral Marketing (Shaw Academy)
- Supreme Court Mediator List
- Law Society Family Law Settlement Service (Family Law Mediator)
- Bar Association of NSW
- Family Law Section – Law Council of Australia
- Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators (AIFLAM)
- NMAS – LEADR – Resolution Institute (Accredited Mediator)
- Medico-Legal Society of NSW Inc.
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
- Collaborative Professionals Inc.
- Central Sydney Collaborative Professionals
- General Criminal Panel – Legal Aid
- CBD Chamber of Commerce
Keep updated with Louise’s vlog focusing on legal & human issues to help lawyers achieve greater happiness and success in life and law. Why not sign up at http://www.sydneybarrister.net.au to receive the vlogs directly into your inbox