I possess the expected technical skills, that’s a given, and I am also on a personal journey to continually improve my social and emotional intelligence (SEIQ) so that I can be the most effective barrister, mediator, FDRP, collaborative coach, arbitrator and social and emotional intelligence coach. I combine technicality and SEIQ as a family law non court based dispute resolution specialist and a barrister|mediator in medical negligence, institutional abuse and criminal matters.
Why Trust Louise:
I possess the technical and human skills to assist clients efficiently resolve disputes, as a family law non court based dispute resolution specialist or as a Barrister|Mediator in medical negligence, institutional abuse and criminal matters.
As a family law non court dispute resolution specialist (mediator, FDRP, collaborative coach, arbitrator) with legal expertise, I assist lawyers and clients in family law, who are directed to, or choose non court based dispute resolution solutions, at any stage or level of conflict, before or during litigation.
I assist lawyers and clients who want to resolve their dispute efficiently, who don’t want to waste time and money on a protracted court battle, where no one ‘wins’ in the end.
When briefed as a Barrister in medical negligence, I have assisted lawyers in a wide variety of medical claims. I have helped many clients obtain results in medical negligence and institutional abuse matters that they were very satisfied with.
I am available to mediate all common law claims.
I worked in Specialist Medical Practices for 15 years prior to entering law, at which time I attended theatre with the specialist. I understand the medical and legal issues and the intersect that creates. I gained extensive knowledge and experience in the following specialities:
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Neurosurgery / Neurology
Why not read my interview with Libby Hakim “Women In Law – in Profile”
Study of Law
I studied law at Sydney University through the Legal Practitioners Board (LPAB).
I achieved first place in:
- Family Law
- Trade Practices (Consumer Law)
I achieved fourth place in:
- Wills and Estates
I achieved fifth place in:
- Employment Law
I was employed as a Judges Associate at the Federal Circuit Court prior to becoming a solicitor in 2010.
I came to the Bar in 2012, after passing all three Bar exams simultaneously.
I was an Adjunct Lecturer at the University of Sydney for three years in Civil and Criminal Practice and Procedure, whilst practicing as a Barrister.
- Diploma of Law – Legal Profession Admission Board (University of Sydney)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – Australian National University ACT (ANU)
- Nationally Accredited Mediator – (Bar Association, Resolution Institute & AIFLAM)
- Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner – FDRP
- Certified Social and Emotional Intelligence Coach (SEIQ – ISEI USA)
- Independent Childrens Lawyer Training – (Law Council of Australia)
- Family Law Arbitrator – (AIFLAM)
- Advanced Collaborative Practice
- Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSI)
- Supreme & District Court Mediator Panels
- NSW Bar Association Mediator Panel
- Law Society Family Law Settlement Service (Family Law Mediator)
- Immediation (Online)
Member of Mediator Committees
- Bar Association of NSW
- Immediation – Online
- Resolution Institute – Family Law & General Professional Development for Mediators
- Bar Association of NSW
- ADRA (Australian Dispute Resolution Association )
- Family Law Section – Law Council of Australia
- Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators (AIFLAM)
- Nationally Accredited Mediation (Bar Assoc & AIFLAM)
- Resolution Institute
- Medico-Legal Society of NSW Inc.
- Collaborative Professionals (NSW) Inc.
- Central Sydney, North Sydney and South Sydney Collaborative Forum
- Australian Association of Collaborative Professionals (AACP
- General and Indictable (Barrister) Criminal Panel – Legal Aid
Contact me via email or (02) 9336 5399 if you would like me to assist you.