I value the specialist technical skills as a former Family Law Barrister and current Medical Negligence and Institutional Abuse Barrister, which are necessary to mediate family law and personal injury: Medical Negligence and Institutional Abuse matters. These are matters which require understanding and knowledge of law and humans, who have or are undergoing trauma, grief or abuse. There may be other issues that arise, for example; personality disorders, PTSD, high conflict and children’s issues, all of which need to be understood and managed, in a safe environment, where people can perform at their best and think logically.
I have completed the “Negotiation, Leadership and How to Handle Difficult Conversations” at Harvard Law School.
I am a social and emotional intelligence coach and soon to complete high performance coach certification.
Why Trust Louise:
I practice with values that I bring into practice such as; integrity, authenticity, effective communication and leadership skills. Which are the basis for behaviours and performance.
I am a twin – I learned very early in life the importance of team work and how to be supportive of both men and women in the workplace, particularly when resolving people who are stressed and in dispute.
I am constantly stepping outside of my comfort zone, learning and developing new skills and challenging myself to be the best version of myself as I serve others with excellence. I am constantly self-evaluating my skills and performance, not in comparison with others as they have their own journey and skill sets, rather I aim to continually see where my strengths are and where I have skill gaps and set myself goals to work on these, so that I excel, personally and professionally . I have an internal demand for excellence.
Read my interview with Libby Hakim “Women In Law – in Profile”
Study of Law
I studied law at Sydney University through the Legal Practitioners Board (LPAB).
I achieved first place in:
- Family Law
- Trade Practices (Consumer Law)
I achieved fourth place in:
- Wills and Estates
I achieved fifth place in:
- Employment Law
I was employed as a Judges Associate at the Federal Circuit Court prior to becoming a solicitor in 2010.
I came to the Bar in 2012, after passing all three Bar exams simultaneously.
I was an Adjunct Lecturer at the University of Sydney for three years in Civil and Criminal Practice and Procedure, whilst practicing as a Barrister.
- Diploma of Law – Legal Profession Admission Board (University of Sydney)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – Australian National University ACT (ANU)
- Harvard Law School – Negotiation, Leadership and How to Handle Difficult Conversations
- Nationally Accredited Mediator – (Bar Association, Resolution Institute & AIFLAM)
- Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner – FDRP
- Certified Social and Emotional Intelligence Coach (SEIQ – ISEI USA)
- Independent Childrens Lawyer Training – (Law Council of Australia)
- Family Law Arbitrator – (AIFLAM)
- Advanced Collaborative Practice
- Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSI)
- Supreme & District Court Mediator Panels
- Department of Communities and Justice
- Law Society Family Law Settlement Service (Family Law Mediator)
- Immediation (Online)
Member of Mediator Committees
- Bar Association of NSW – Mediation and Family Law Sub-Committees
- ADRA – Student Engagement Committee Chair
- Bar Association of NSW
- International Bar Association
- ADRA (Australian Dispute Resolution Association )
- Family Law Section – Law Council of Australia
- Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators (AIFLAM)
- Resolution Institute
- Medico-Legal Society of NSW Inc.
- Collaborative Professionals (NSW) Inc.
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals (ICAP)
- Central Sydney, North Sydney and South Sydney Collaborative Forum
- Australian Association of Collaborative Professionals (AACP)
- General and Indictable (Barrister) Criminal Panel – Legal Aid
Contact me via email or (02) 9336 5399 if you would like to discuss how I can assist you and your clients